Whilst calibrating your camera (s) and lens (s) we are also for a small additional charge able to check your sensor. Should we find any evidence of dust, pollen or other foreign matter that the dust off facility* is unable to eradicate we can offer a cleaning service which exceeds that offered by the camera manufacturers themselves.
We use only the finest products to ensure your sensor is dust and pollutant free and will also create a new Dust Verification (Canon) Dust Off (Nikon) reference should you experience problems in the future.
If left and not checked dust and other foreign matter can often spoil images and even with careful software cloning be unrecoverable.
As part of the service we can also provide a report which analyses the number of dust spots / foreign matter particles on your sensor and at what apertures these would be visible at.
*Dust off facility found on Canon / Nikon models works by applying a small voltage to the sensor glass which has the effect of vibrating any dust particles from the glass, dust is then collected by a sticky adhesive strip at the bottom of the sensor chamber. Note this is not effective against pollen, diesel or other sticky airborne residue which has a tendency to stick to the sensor glass.
We use the highest quality sensor cleaning swabs and fluid for :
- Micro 4/3rds cameras
- Cropped sensor cameras (APS-C and APS-H)
- Full frame cameras
- Medium format cameras
We only use appropriately sized sensors for each size of sensor thus ensuring the least number of passes on the sensor.
At CameraCal we are confident that we provide the most comprehensive and thorough sensor cleaning service available in the UK. Below are our reasons why.
The most comprehensive sensor cleaning service available.
1. Test shots using Focal to determine the degree of dust contamination. Shots are taken at every aperture to demonstrate at what apertures dust is evident.A detailed report of any dust spots / foreign matter on the sensor and the apertures these would be problematic. Sample report
2. All sensor cleans are carried out in our unique dust free sensor cleaning cabinet complete with extractor fans and hepa filters
3. A thorough sensor clean us undertaken using only the best products available (correct sized sensor swabs and smear free fluid)
4. Cleaning of the sensor chamber using the appropriate swabs.
5. Cleaning of focusing screen if required using the appropriate swabs (focusing screen is removed to clean the prism – model specific).
6. All actions carried out are itemised and reported on.
7. Creation of a dust verification reference point in camera to prevent problems in the future (Canon and Nikon only)
8. Once we have carried out a thorough sensor clean we vacuum seal your camera to prevent any risk of post clean contamination.
9. Loyalty reward scheme via our CameraCal app.
Sensor cleaning costs
Micro 4/3rds (Olympus and Panasonic) £36-00 per camera.Book a Mirco 4/3rds sensor clean
Crop sensors – (Canon 1.6x & Nikon 1.5x) £36-00 per camera.Book a DSLR crop sensor clean
Full size sensor = £56-00 per camera.Book a DSLR full frame sensor clean
Medium Format size sensor = £56-00 per camera.Book a Medium Format sensor clean