Aspect2i – Successful Prints Every Time
Location Horsham, West Sussex
Venue CameraCal Offices
Leader Michael Pilkington
How often do you make a print to be a little disappointed with it. Getting good predictable results every time is not difficult. An understanding of the realm of colour management, how to prepare your images for printing and what settings to use for your printer is required. This workshop will teach you exactly what to do so that every time you print will be a success.
Topics covered for this one day printing workshop:
- Understanding colour management – you will learn how colour spaces work, what you need to select for consistency across all your devices and applications (such as Lightroom and Photoshop). Equally important is calibrating and profiling your monitor and you will be given guidance on the best settings to use and why these work. We will also take a look at camera profiling and understand what benefits there are for your photography.
- Preparing your images for printing – how do you ensure that the image you see on your screen will be the same as on the printer? We will show you specific tools (soft proofing) in Lightroom or Photoshop to help achieve this and also how to resize and sharpen your images ready for printing. We will also look at what has to be done if you are using matt or glossy paper.
- How to set up your printer driver for printing of both colour and black and white images (using the Epson Advanced Black and White Printer Driver.
- How and when to use the different media feed options on your printer. We will also look at what do the Epson utilities do.
- Understanding some post-processing techniques to help ensure your print looks great.
- Typical printing problems and how to resolve them.
This is a comprehensive introduction to successful digital printing and colour management. You will come away with the knowledge and confidence to make successful prints every time.
Our prices include all tuition during the workshop, a buffet lunch, tea and coffee service and course notes.