DSLR Workshop – Sensor Cleaning
Location West Chiltington West Sussex
Venue CameraCal Studio
Leader Anthony Sinfield
As photographers we all know that some amazing image clean ups can be done on Lightroom or Photoshop. We also know that whilst the result can be very pleasing, they take a considerable amount of time. Instead simply keep you sensor clean!
This course is part theory and part practical. You will be receiving hands on instruction from one of the industry’s leading camera sensor cleaning professionals. Here at Cameracal we impart the same techniques and recommend the same products as we use to clean camera sensors on a day to day commercial basis.
On our half day Sensor Cleaning workshop we cover the following:
Sensor Cleaning – The Theory
- Common misconceptions
- Preventative medicine, what you can do help prevent the build-up of dust and other contaminants.
- The difference between dry and wet cleaning
- The importance of ensuring your computer monitor is spotlessly clean
- The importance of taking a test shot, appropriate camera settings and how best to view the results
- Dry cleaning, how and why this should be performed
- Wet cleaning, use of the right products and why this is so important
- Recommended products – Loupe’s, Blowers, Swabs and Fluid
- Sensor cleaning techniques – How to clean your sensor properly
- How to eradicate stubborn ‘baked on stains”
- Fit for purpose – why it is not always possible to completely clean your sensor and does it matter?
- Chamber cleaning and why this is so important.
- Creation of a Dust Reference Point in camera (Canon & Nikon).
Sensor Cleaning – The Practise
All delegates will have the opportunity to practice and hone their skills using demo cameras and will be supplied with the following:
- Demo DSLR / Mirrorless camera
- Sensor Loupe
- Filtered blower brush (dry clean)
- Sensor Cleaning Pads (dry clean)
- Sensor Swabs
- Sensor cleaning fluid
- Chamber swabs
Attendees are welcome to bring their own cameras to clean during the workshop on the understanding that it is at their own risk and Cameracal will not be held responsible for any damage done by the attendees to their cameras during the workshop.
Our prices include all tuition during the workshop, tea and coffee service, a buffet lunch and course notes. Our sensor cleaning service is a vital part of our business. We have spent years constantly looking for the best products available to perform sensor cleaning for our customers. We do recommend products and they are for sale at our studio but we ONLY use, recommend and sell what we confidently believe are the very best on the market.
Thank you so much for the course on Sensor Cleaning.
The time and knowledge that you gave up was invaluable.
I came away confident in the fact that I could now take responsibility for cleaning my own sensor on my camera.
Something I felt before I came on the course I would never consider doing.
I have already recommended the course to my camera club and told them they would be mad to get their sensors cleaned without attending this course first.