John Clements ‘Flashes of Inspiration’ Using Your Speedlight Flashes
Date Saturday 6th Janaury
Location Horsham, West Sussex
Venue CameraCal Offices
Leader John Clements
John’s ‘Flashes Of Inspiration’ workshop has been inspiring and informing photographers of all levels for many years on best use of Speedlight type flash use.
Always updated to keep it current, it simply takes potentially years off of the flash photography learning curve.
We are delighted to be bringing this workshop to Cameracal.
To put it simply…this event is a great foundation for Speedlight/Speedlite use ongoing.
Packed full of step-by-step guidance for the beginner to the pro, it is suitable for all levels of photography skill.
Also any camera and flash system.
If you think you don’t like flash, maybe you have not yet seen what you can really achieve with it?
John has been at the cutting edge of Speedlight use for decades, so the content is based on real world practices and solutions.
Please bring your camera, a flash and a lens (around 85mm on full frame), plus plenty of storage space as this day has practical shooting components to help cement the content.
- An overview of flash and how it really works.
- Understanding your flash unit’s controls and information displays.
- Understanding your options with camera exposure modes and other camera settings combined with flash.
- Flash unit exposure modes – what they can and can’t do. Real world advice.
- Working with flash inside.
- Understanding & using fill-in flash techniques.
- Demonstration of lighting quality, and how to control it.
- Real world guidance and demonstration of practical lighting solutions for common situations.
- Wireless off camera flash shooting – shaping your light and subjects.
- Useful third party light shaping tools.
- Q & A throughout.
Our prices include all tuition during the workshop, a buffet lunch, tea and coffee service and course notes.